Tuesday, October 11, 2011

25 Weeks

I passed the 25 week mark over the weekend and had a doctor's appointment yesterday which went really well.  The babies are doing great and growing fast!  I am measuring for 30 weeks, yikes!  I also had the privilege of partaking in the glucose/diabetes test yesterday to determine whether I am at risk for gestational diabetes (results won't come in until later this week).  My doctor warned me about the terrible flavor of the glucose drink, but not the physical affects from it.  I felt horrible and thank goodness Rick was home to take me to my appointment!

I also had my first baby shower over the weekend here in LA.  My dear friend Meg did a fantastic job; the afternoon was full of good friends and of course good food!  The twins were spoiled silly by my LA girlfriends, and a number of Nor-Cal Cal Poly friends - both those who traveled down for the weekend and those who couldn't make it.  I will post much more on the shower later, once I collect photos from a few friends.   

In the meantime, here are some fun photos of us playing with the breast feeding pillow my friend Katie gave us.  The thing is huge, but I guess it needs to be if I am going to try and feed two at once!  I couldn't get it around my huge belly, but Rick looked very comfortable in it.  As I get bigger I am convinced he is getting smaller!




2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I love these pictures, the fact that you're 25 weeks and feeling great, and that you are finding Rick is getting smaller as the babies are getting bigger. Such a good way of putting it! ; )

Can't wait to see you soon. xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Yes, those glucose thing tasted terrible doesn't it??? Ick! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy all the way! XO,Amanda